qt or gtk?

Magnus Lie Hetland mlh at idi.ntnu.no
Mon Jun 18 15:47:58 EDT 2001

<piet at cs.uu.nl> wrote in message news:ubsnm17mj.fsf at cs.uu.nl...

> MLH> "Even" may not be the right word here... To those of the Open Source
> MLH> bent, the FSF's definition is quite restrictive... You aren't free to
> MLH> do what you want with GPL software ... :)
>
> That's because the GPL isn't meant to make YOU free, but to make the
> SOFTWARE free.

Sure - the GPL is very nice. My point was that to say that "Even the FSF
considers this a free license" connotes that then everyone will, as if
they were the most restrictive in their use of the word "free". This
is of course not true - they merely have a different definition from
certain other groups.

--

  Magnus Lie Hetland         http://www.hetland.org

 "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in
  it, doesn't go away."           -- Philip K. Dick