How useful do you find the interactive interpreter?

Emile van Sebille emile at fenx.com
Sun Jun 24 19:50:00 EDT 2001

I generally work in a text editor, keeping an interpreter session available
mainly for introspection purposes.  Mostly I import modules and then dir or
pydoc them.  I rarely just try things first in the interpreter, as it tends
to slow me down if I get anything more then just a couple of lines of code.
I do keep *lots* of throwaway test.py files, and always have a couple of
those open in my text editor.

--

Emile van Sebille
emile at fenx.com