Pmw installation problems

Sibylle Koczian Sibylle.Koczian at Bibliothek.Uni-Augsburg.de
Fri Jun 15 07:19:27 EDT 2001

Hello,

I got Pmw.0.8.5.tar.gz and unpacked into
c:\programme\python21\Lib\site-packages (Windows 2000 Pro SP 1,
ActivePython 2.1). Reading the readme file in this directory and the
comment in site.py I would have thought I could now use it from other
directories simply putting "import Pmw" into my scripts - but that
doesn't work ("No module named Pmw", I think).

After reading "Installing python modules" in the Python documentation I
looked for a script "setup.py" in the Pmw directory tree, but didn't
find it. "Getting started with Pmw" didn't help either.

Moreover, if I try to run tests/All.Py (from the tests directory) I get
exactly the same error message as in the bug submitted 2001-03-12 - no
answer to this bug, as far as I can see.

Can anybody help?

Thanks,
Koczian

--
----
Dr. Sibylle Koczian

Tel.: (0821) 598-2400, Fax : (0821) 598-2410
e-mail : Sibylle.Koczian at Bibliothek.Uni-Augsburg.DE