Creating Typeinfo for Python COM servers?

Mark Hammond MarkH at ActiveState.com
Thu Jun 7 07:46:54 EDT 2001

Thomas Heller wrote:

> Is it possible to (let python) create type-information for
> a COM server written in python?

Umm - yes and no :)

Technically, yes.  Everything needed has been exposed, and indeed some
"concept" code has been done.

Practically, the answer is no - there is no way to take a class
definition and magically have a typelib pop out.

This was discussed quite some time ago (10/99 and earlier) on the
pythoncom developers list -
http://mailman.pythonpros.com/mailman/listinfo/pycom-dev.  It never went
anywhere as no one came up with anything reasonable and, to be quite
honest, I don't care enough about this particular issue as it has never
affected me.  I am however very happy to support any efforts to get this
off the ground again.

Mark.