more stupid stock quote tricks

Will Ware wware at world.std.com
Fri Jun 1 15:33:08 EDT 2001

A couple years ago I noticed the Yahoo stock quote website had started
making available lengthy historical data on prices and volumes of stock
trading, so I posted some Python code to collect this data and buffer
it locally:
http://groups.google.com/groups?th=a8bda3c3bf7aac3b,6&rnum=1&ic=1

After badly burning my fingers in 2000 you'd think I'd learn something.
For the amusement of other slow learners, here's more greed candy:
http://groups.google.com/groups?rnum=3&ic=1&th=cb9ed376433ac9c3,3
Write extensions of the Experiment class, and you can comparatively
back-test different stock-picking algorithms. As always, this is for
entertainment only and is not a recommendation of any particular
investment or investing strategy. Caveat sucker.

--
 22nd century: Esperanto, geodesic | Will Ware
 domes, hovercrafts, metric system | wware at world.std.com