Win32com Item method does not return object

Mark_Pryor erlangen72 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 18 13:28:20 EDT 2001

Hi,

New to Python, using Version 2.1 on Win95.
I have a COM object that has been registered into
the gen_py folder. As I drill down through the object, I
issue the Item method of a collection, which should return
another collection, but fails returning a " tuple ".

# snip
Portions Copyright 1994-2001 Mark Hammond (MarkH at ActiveState.com) - see 'Help/About PythonWin' for further copyright information.
>>> import os
>>> import sys
>>> import win32com.client
>>> om = win32com.client.gencache.EnsureDispatch( "xMp3.CxInfo" )
>>> a = "c:\\alienmp3"
>>> f = os.listdir( a )
>>> fp = os.path
>>> b = fp.join( a, f[5])
>>> print b
c:\alienmp3\P. Bellinati - Serenata - 14 - Noite de Lua.mp3
>>> om.SongFile = b
>>> print om.Tags.ColKeys
230 100
>>> c = om.Tags.Item(1)
>>> c = om.Tags.Item(1)
# unsnip

c above, should be another collection or object, but is neither.
Please help.

Mark Pryor
pgp KeyID: 0x1A966EC5