Problems with ./configure options (Python-2.1) on HPUX11 for 64bit ELF format

cmkl cmkleffner at gmx.de
Thu Jun 28 13:08:03 EDT 2001

Hi,

I'm trying to compile python2.1 as a 64 bit binary on HPUX11.
As stated from HP the 64bit ELF format is not recommended for
'usual' developments. However, I have to link against a 64 bit
vendor library, so I want to build python with 64 bit.

The problem is, that configure is not able to estimate some
options correctly: i.e. SIZEOF_LONG and SIZEOF_VOID_P is set to 4
instead of 8.

OPT=+DD64 ./configure --whatever or 'CC=cc +DD64' ./configure --whatever
do not have en effect on the estimation of the SIZEOF constants.
At least SIZEOF_FPOS_T also has set to 8.

Anyone did that before ?

Sincerly yours

Carl