Problem using SocketServer.ThreadingTCPServer on Windows?

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Fri Jun 1 07:46:22 EDT 2001

xtian wrote:

> >If it's Python 2.1 it could be this one:
> >http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=417845&group_id=5470&atid=105470
> >
> [..]
> So is the solution to have the child thread call
> server.close_request() after the loop, and modifiy the server class to
> only call close_request if there's been an exception?

IMHO the thread should have a try: finally: statement to make sure
the socket is closed as suggested by "xlagraula" at the URL above.

I reported the bug two times in this news group at 2.1beta and
gamma. It could have already been fixed for 2.1 release.
Unfortunately no one did care maybe due to the tight release
schedule. :-(

Ciao, Michael.