Why should i use python if i can use java

D-Man dsh8290 at rit.edu
Thu Jun 7 12:22:33 EDT 2001

On Thu, Jun 07, 2001 at 11:19:50AM +0200, Alex Martelli wrote:

Ditto to all the Dynamic, but still strong, typing and the Design
Patterns discussion explaning why Java is _still_ a very low level
language even though it is bytecode-compiled and interpreted.

| > > but most of all, it doesn't have
| > >
| > > J2EE
| > > J2ME
| >
| > Actually it does!  With Jython, you can access any Java API from Python.
| > Neat, huh?
|
| Absolutely!  But does any commercial IDE, as you earlier
| referenced, support Jython yet?  I don't know of any.

Not commercial, but (g)vim supports this!  <smirking grin>  Version
6.0 is nearly finished and has some really cool new features including
"folding" (the ability to collapse a block of text into a single line
on the display).

-D