MS SQL Server

Don Dwiggins dwig at advancedmp.net
Tue Jun 26 12:55:11 EDT 2001

Ben  writes:
> Unfortunately I have to upload data to a MS SQL server ... Can anyone
> recommend a tool for doing this or docs\examples :]  ... is it ANSI
> SQL compliant like MySQL and therefore can use the same commands?

> greatly appreciate any advice

To add to the previous replies: I've successfully used Python to drive SQL
Server using the SQL-DMO objects, including the BulkCopy object, which can
handle CSV-type files, etc.  Take a look at the MS documentation to get an
idea whether it'll do what you want.  (In general, I've found it quite easy
to translate the Visual Basic example code in the MS documentation to
Python.)

Happy hunting,

--
Don Dwiggins                    "Solvitur Ambulando"
Advanced MP Technology
dwig at advancedmp.net