How useful do you find the interactive interpreter?

Rob Andrews rob at jam.rr.com
Sun Jun 24 09:06:15 EDT 2001

slaytanic killer <slaytanic_killer at disinfo.net> wrote in message
news:4688f24b.0106231658.43d2c446 at posting.google.com...
> Hi,
>
> I am looking at Python seriously, and I can see that the interpreter
> would be really good for testing out ideas.  Getting small things to
> work and then switching over to a text editor to generalize what I've
> learned.  Is this how people generally use it?  Or is it an even
> deeper part of coding?
>
> Thanks.

Even if I lost interest in programming all together, I'd keep using the the
interactive interpreter for day-to-day tasks. It's extremely handy for
figuring out complex math problems, demonstration of abstract ideas to
easily-confused executives, and about anything else I throw at it.
Remarkably free of bloat for such a handy tool around the office!

Rob
--
Useless Python:
More fun than underwater frisbee!