qt or gtk?

Jonathan Gardner gardner at cardomain.com
Sat Jun 16 19:02:36 EDT 2001

Courageous wrote:
> Do recall that Qt is only *half* free. It is free for Linux development,
> but costs an arm and a leg on Windows.

Now I feel stupid. I thought Qt was free to use if your software is free,
but costs money if you plan to sell it. There are two versions - commercial
and free software, and you have to buy a license if you want to use the
commercial version. I assumed the difference between the two is only in
name and license, and the source is the same, however.