VI

D-Man dsh8290 at rit.edu
Wed Jun 13 13:39:57 EDT 2001

On Wed, Jun 13, 2001 at 07:46:09AM -0700, F. Tourigny wrote:
| > From: "Chris Gonnerman"
| > 13 Jun 2001 07:53:54 -0500
| > "Too basic?"  How so?  I've got hundreds of
| > thousands of lines of C and probably several
| > more thousands of lines of Python written using vi,
| > vim, etc.  I find most everything other than emacs
| > too basic" (and emacs is a religion I've never
| > converted to).
|
| As I said, I'm rather fond of the old endearing beast,
| but I don't know if I would write thousands of lines
| of code with it (not that I could: I'm still a
| newbie).  Hey, the thing won't even debug software in
| your place:)

>From the vim website :

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There are some things that Vim does not try to be:
    <...>
    * Vim is not a compiler.
    <...>
    * Vim is not an operating system.
    * Vim is not another Emacs.

It doesn't explicitly say it in this section, but vim is a _text
editor_, not a debugger.

IMO it works exceptionally well :-).

-D