Using SMTPlib.

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Mon Jun 4 11:48:24 EDT 2001

In article <9fg9hd$l27$1 at news.inet.tele.dk>, Brian Andersen wrote:
>Hi.
>
>I'm in the process of writing my very first project in Python - a webmail
>application.
>I've tried the SMTPlib and it work out fint, but the mails I send don't have
>a subject.
>
>I've tried the example that is in the Pythondocumentation for the SMTPlib
>and it works well, but how do I insert a subject field?
>
>The same goes for CC end BCC-fields. Are they handled by the SMTPlib or is
>it something that I must handle in my program?

SMTPlib doesn't do anything except SMTP.  The headers you're
talking about are part of the message content that is ignored
by the SMTP protocol.  The MimeWriter module is very handy for
actually creating the message before you use SMTPlib to send
it.

Mimewriter has methods to add headers, add attachements, etc.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  I smell like a wet
                                  at               reducing clinic on Columbus