Problem Building Python2.1 on RedHat 7.1

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Wed Jun 20 02:51:08 EDT 2001

On Fri, May 25, 2001 at 10:28:57AM -0700, Coy Krill wrote:
>Somehow bsddb.so is getting built without any linkage to libdb.so.2.Anyone
>have any idea what may be causing the problem?  The only difference between
>April and now are the installation of RedHat errata.

I know this is kind of late -- I mostly am skimming the group these days
looking for RPM-specific issues.  The RPMs for 7.0 that are up on the web
site should work find for a 7.1 system.  The latest binary RPMs are, I
believe, ones I built on my 7.1 system, actually.

I haven't seen or heard reports of the problem you mention.

Sean
--
 The "PEANUTS" gang finds their first root-kit in "YOU'RE AN 3L33T H4CK3R
 NOW, CHARLIE BROWN".