[OT] MS EULA -- (will ActiveState become outlaws? ;-)

Steven D. Majewski sdm7g at Virginia.EDU
Thu Jun 21 22:53:11 EDT 2001

On Fri, 22 Jun 2001, Gerhard [iso-8859-1] Häring wrote:

> >Does anyone know if this should be taken seriously ?
>
> Of course not. It was posted on Slashdot.

Well, the license terms I quoted I took from Microsoft's own web.

It was for one specific product SDK -- I have no idea if similar
terms will get included in other MS licenses. But if it does
become a standard license clause for MS SDKs, it would seem
to disallow using that SDK with Python or Perl. (I'm not a lawyer
-- that's just what it seems to say in "plain English" . )

Of course the discussion on Slashdot was not very enlightening! ;-)
I was hoping someone from ActiveState might know more...

-- Steve