libssl.so & libssl.so req'd for rpm install

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Tue Jun 26 19:33:01 EDT 2001

On Sat, Jun 23, 2001 at 03:56:44AM +0000, Ken wrote:
>Ok.  I'll give it a shot in the morning -- I have tried to compile the
>src rpm for 2.1-5... and there were a lot of files that didn't work
>out (is there a way to pipe the output from the install into a file?).

If you're building from source, you'll need to make sure you have the
openssl-devel package installed -- that's needed for building the source.
Once you've installed the OpenSSL packages though, installing the binary
RPMs should work find.  You said you were still getting errors after doing
that though, what *EXACTLY* were they?

If you don't want SSL sockets, building from the SRPM without openssl
should do the trick.

Sean
--
 "I feel so insignificant...  Like people are laughing at me."
 "You--You ARE a clown..."  -- Bob Newhart