McMillan Installer 4 error ImportError: No module named posixpath

David Bolen db3l at fitlinxx.com
Wed Jun 6 20:17:22 EDT 2001

"Brad Clements" <bkc at Murkworks.com> writes:

> I have a very simple python 1.5.2 script on w2k that I want to distribute.
>
> I've tried beta 4 of the installer to create either a standalone or simple
> distribution, but when I run it (either one), I get the same error. Trace
> attached below.
>
> I tried explicitely importing posixpath, but that doesn't matter. tried with
> and without the -win32 option.

I believe the default configuration files built by the installer top
level scripts (like standalone) automatically exclude some path
modules (including posixpath) as part of constructing the archive (the
APPZLIB clause in the default setup).  I think that's similar to why
pywintypes/win32api is always excluded - there's a reference to them
in the standard libraries but it's on a conditional path, so you'd
always get them even when not needed.

In this case, it sounds like you do actually need it, so try removing
posixpath from the excludes line once you've built your config file.

Also, in cases like this, builder.log is your friend, since it'll show
the sequence of identifying the need for posixpath, and then excluding
it if instructed to do so from the config.

--
-- David