Python scripting [was: Re: emacs speedbar for python mode?]

Boudewijn Rempt boud at rempt.xs4all.nl
Mon Jun 25 01:30:53 EDT 2001

Bud Rogers <budr at sirinet.net> wrote:

> I have had similar thoughts.  Imagine a programmer's editor of the
> calibre of [x]emacs that used python as a built in extension language
> in the same way that emacs uses lisp.

It would not only have to have been in development for a couple of
decades - there's a feature (X)Emacs has that editors like Nedit
don't have: the ability to have active bits of texts embedded
in the buffer. You couldn't write a speedbar in Nedit, even though
it has its own little programming language.

--

Boudewijn Rempt  | http://www.valdyas.org