Running slower in win2k Tkinter

Robin Becker robin at jessikat.fsnet.co.uk
Tue Jun 26 03:35:39 EDT 2001

I have a Tkinter app that needs to run a search over a set of packages.
Basically the search imports all the modules finds all objects and sorts
into a set of dictionaries. There is no interaction with tk, but when
run in the tk app the search takes 5-6 times longer than when run
directly without the tk windows. The Tkinter app isn't threaded and
appears fully blocked while the computation takes place.

I expect some slowdown in Tkinter as it must respond to messages etc,
but the difference 1.51" vs 10.72" seems way too large.

What am I missing?
--
Robin Becker