All functions from self and inherited classes

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Wed Jun 13 09:45:34 EDT 2001

    Christer> But, if I include the functions in GeneralClass.doc(), and try
    Christer> calling b.doc() i get the following:
    Christer> 1. the inspect only gives me methods for class B... not
    Christer>    inherited functions (which I want! :-).

Now that I see a more complete picture of what you're after, I suggest you
look at pydoc, which builds on the lower-level functionality inspect.
Pydoc is also new with 2.1, but the pydoc/inspect author (Ka-Ping Yee) has
been careful to make it work under 1.5.2 as well.  As others have mentioned,
both are available at

    http://web.lfw.org/python/

If the TextDoc or HTMLDoc classes don't quite do what you want, you can
probably subclass them to achieve the desired results.

--
Skip Montanaro (skip at pobox.com)
(847)971-7098