Disabling a Pmw.ComboBox

Martyn Quick mrq at for.mat.bham.ac.uk
Mon Jun 11 08:55:17 EDT 2001

I'm trying to work out how to `disable' a Pmw.ComboBox (in a similar
manner to setting  state='disabled'  for a Tkinter.Button).  One way I
thought of doing it was to try setting  state='disabled'  for the
'arrowbutton' component of the ComboBox.  However, this arrowbutton is a
Tkinter.Canvas, so doesn't have  state  as a valid configuration option.

Does anybody have a decent way of doing this?  (My goal is to be able to
allow it be available for use or disabled according to other information.)

Thanks in advance for any wisdom on this...

Martyn

Dr. Martyn Quick  (Research Fellow in Pure Mathematics)
University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, UK.
http://www.mat.bham.ac.uk/M.R.Quick