Interfacing GUI applications..?

Jeff Shannon jeff at ccvcorp.com
Thu Jun 21 12:17:24 EDT 2001

"Alex Martelli" <aleaxit at yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<9gqs2c01c2m at enews1.newsguy.com>...
> "Jeff Shannon" <jeff at ccvcorp.com> wrote in message
> news:16074dce.0106200912.7b9bc793 at posting.google.com...
> > One suggestion for "something else"... there is a Visual Basic function
> > "sendkeys()" that does exactly what is requested--it simulates keyboard
>
> Pity it won't help the original poster (who's on Linux)

D'oh!  I guess that I, too, need to read a bit more carefully before spouting
off...  oops.  :)

I do have to agree with what you've said before, though, Alex... however much
one may dislike Microsoft products in general, COM is really, really nice.

Now if only it could work transparently cross-platform.  <wink>

Jeff Shannon
Technician/Programmer
Credit International