pair programming, vim?

Courageous jkraska1 at san.rr.com
Sat Jun 16 03:25:59 EDT 2001

>Did anyone try pair programming over the net? In particular, is it possible
>to set up vim with a shared buffer or, failing that, some other editor?

I believe that this isn't possible, although I could be mistaken. If you
*do* happen to find a multi-user text editor (multiple cursors, perhaps)
on windows, please let me know. This would be useful to have around.
Although network latencies can lead to some... ah, wierd... outcomes,
yes. The company I work for years ago had a product like this for Unix.
It was called "Slate".

C//