emacs speedbar for python mode?

Boudewijn Rempt boud at rempt.xs4all.nl
Sat Jun 23 14:46:14 EDT 2001

Alex <new_name at mit.edu> wrote:

> When I run speedbar in a python file foo.py, I just get a new frame with
> the buffer for foo.py.  How are you supposed to use it?

If you get that, there's something quite wrong. You should get a
listing all (Python) files in the directory where foo.py is - with an
icon with a + sign in from of them. Click on the icon, and you get
the classes in that file. Doubleclick and XEmacs opens the file for
you.

I don't know whether GNU Emacs also shows the icon, but the way
it works should be the same.

(The speedbar _is_ a bit buggy, though, at least in the version I
have here. Sometimes it cannot parse some file and doesn't show
all classes or all methods. I've also seen those errors with Java
files, too.)

--

Boudewijn Rempt  | http://www.valdyas.org