B.Y.P. Server

MANOTTI Alessandro alessandro.manotti at bfeurope.com
Fri Jun 8 07:43:39 EDT 2001

Dear all,

	I created a very special server:

	I'm creating a software, written in Python, to mix the
	advantages of Internet (server web) and a client/server
	 structure. Traditional web servers use a "state-less" system,
	 in-fact when a browser requires some information to the server,
	 in the server machine will be launched a CGI, or PHP/ASP (etc...)
	script and, when the request was satisfied, the connection can be
	 considered "terminated": the programs (maybe CGI) which
	 answered were terminated.
	I'm creating a system in which the server launches some
	threads (programs which substitute the CGI) and they remain
	 active until the client exits from the application or with a
	 time-out. I'm  creating the server thinking to Macromedia Flash 5
	as client (that's why I'm writing to you) (with this software, I can
create very actractive programs,
	just like a beautiful and very functional graphic terminal client).
	With my project I intend to join the advantages of an
	 Intranet/Extranet/Internet system with the advantages of a
	client/server system.
	One of the major targets is to simplify the server side
	programming: in-fact I wish let youcreate a program with the
	same technics that you use to create a local oriented software!

	Of course, there are a lot of things to do,
	but I installed this system in my company (a big company)
	and it functions very well! Furthermore, is very simple to write
	programs! (There are not the difficults that you can encounter
	creating programs for standard web servers!!!)

	Now the biggest problem I have, is maintain updated the
	documentation!

	This project is licenced under GPL.

	If you are interested about my project (my server runs in a 24x7
cycle,
	since it implements a dynamic loading of new modules, daemons,
	server routines) please send me an e-mail or visit my site!

	Thank you very much for the attention you gave me!!!

	Alessandro Manotti

manotti at bigfoot.com
http://members.xoom.it/bypserver