str smarter than round?

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake at acm.org
Fri Jun 15 21:42:05 EDT 2001

[Cameron Laird]
 > Is there or will there be a (more) persistent URL for this
 > Appendix?  I assumer "node14" is likely to vary every few
 > weeks or so.

  Unless the structure of the tutorial changes significantly (more
chapters or appendices added before this one), the final URL for this
in the Python 2.2 documentation will be:

    http://www.python.org/doc/current/tut/node14.html

  Since the tutorial is meant to be read linearly, we've passed on
trying to maintain specific page names.  Our current processing tools
aren't sufficiently controlable to generate the right filenames
reliably.  Hopefully this will change when we move to XML and new
tools.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>