Event-driven GUIs, PythonWorks, Boa, wxWindows; future directions of event-driven Python?

Brian Quinlan brian at sweetapp.com
Sun Jun 17 16:41:11 EDT 2001

Paul wrote:
> You are conflating two different things. Visual Python [1] and Python
> .NET [2] are completely unrelated (but interoperable, of course)

For those of us who don't read dictionaries in our spare time:

Main Entry: con.flate
Pronunciation: k&n-'flAt
Function: transitive verb
Inflected Form(s): con.flat.ed; con.flat.ing
Etymology: Latin conflatus, past participle of conflare to blow
together, fuse, from com- + flare to blow -- more at BLOW
Date: 1610
1 a : to bring together : FUSE b : CONFUSE
2 : to combine (as two readings of a text) into a composite whole

[Taken from the Merriam-Webster Collegiate dictionary
(http://www.m-w.com/)]