The Scoop on Python Input?

GulickDO at uReach.com GulickDO at uReach.com
Mon Jun 18 22:59:57 EDT 2001

Hey gang.  I recently fell in love with Python for Linux and have
been doing a fair amount of work programming console-based apps.  I
have about three or four Python reference books and was pretty
disappointed how poorly the concept of "input" was covered in the
books!  So maybe someone here can send me in the right direction.

Is there a Python input function that will get just one character
from the keyboard without waiting for enter to be pressed? (like getch
() in C++?)  I found a module that provides getch(), but it is
restricted to Window's-based platforms.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

G.