How useful do you find the interactive interpreter?

Courageous jkraska1 at san.rr.com
Sat Jun 23 22:22:42 EDT 2001

On 23 Jun 2001 17:58:18 -0700, slaytanic_killer at disinfo.net (slaytanic killer) wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am looking at Python seriously, and I can see that the interpreter
>would be really good for testing out ideas.  Getting small things to
>work and then switching over to a text editor to generalize what I've
>learned.  Is this how people generally use it?

The interpreter is nice; however, do keep in mind that python itself
is modify and run. Compiling is automatic, correctly handles the
dependencies, is so quick as to not be seen, and therefore doesn't
intrude on one's development.

All that said, I frequently use the interpreter to test things. The value
of  probing and interact with software extemporaneously is immense.

C//