Missing file Python.h

Jeffrey Stephens jsteve17 at tampabay.rr.com
Sat Jun 23 14:14:34 EDT 2001

I am running Redhat 6.2 and just downloaded and tried to compile the files
sip-2.4.tar.gz and PyQt-2.4.tar.gz.  Running the configure script after
unzipping and untaring either of these produces the error that I am missing
the file Python.h.  Running rpm -qa | grep python indicates that I have the
following packages installed:

python-1.5.2-27.6.x
python-docs-1.5.2-13
pythonlib-1.23-1
rpm-python-3.0.4-0.48
openssl-python-0.9.5a-2.6.x
python-tools-1.5.2-13
python-numpy-15.2-2

None of these seems to contain a file Python.h.  I also ran find /usr -name
Python.h with negative results.  What rpm should contain this file?  Can
someone point me in the right direction?  Many thanks.

Regards,
Jeff Stephens