Any other Python flaws?

Martijn Faassen m.faassen at vet.uu.nl
Wed Jun 20 18:40:08 EDT 2001

Bruce Sass <bsass at freenet.edmonton.ab.ca> wrote:
[snip]
> If you want to use someone's GPLed lib, or GPLed software that
> exposes its libs APIs so others can make use of it, in your
> proprietary project, make sure you release the source for the libs you
> used and for any tweaks you may have made to it.

Not to get into an endless GPL debate here, so I won't say anything
more about this, but what you say here is not the common interpretation
of the GPL. The common interpretation of the GPL is that your
software should be GPLed or GPL-able if it links to a GPL-ed library.
What you say is true for the LGPL.

That's the last I'll say in this particular thread about the GPL. :)

The PSU Public License is an open source licence even more infectuous
than the GPL. Even software that does not link to it must be released
under the PSUPL. Even software on a completely different computer,
even on a completely different planet. The PSU therefore holds the
exclusive rights over very advanced Klingon first person shooters,
which will blow away Quake & co in gore and impressiveness when the PSU
releases it to the market.

Regards,

Martijn