VI

Andrew Malcolmson andmalc-ns1 at NoSPaMmalcolmson.ca
Tue Jun 26 15:13:38 EDT 2001

> "And this is good for indenting. Don't need no advanced features.
> set ai

> If I could only figure out how to get it to indent the next line when I
end
> a line with ":"...

Smartindent + cinwords effectively does this:
set smartindent cinwords=def,class,if,elif,for,while,else

You would make these settings effective only when starting to edit a Python
script with
autocmd BufRead,BufNewFile *.py set ...<options>

> :he folding
>
> I like to do this for python:
> :set foldmethod=indent
> :set minfoldlines=4

I think this last directive should be "foldminlines"

> zc to close a fold
> zC to close it all the way
> zo to open it
> zO to open it all the way