A question about MySQLdb and SSH

Calishar calisha at *SPAMFREE*.calishar.com
Tue Jun 5 20:38:59 EDT 2001

Hi Folks,

   I'm looking at setting up an Administration application for a
remote database running on a Redhat Linux 6.2 box. The admin client
will probably be running on Windows to start with, maybe being preted
to Linux later on.  One thing I have to make sure of is that data
transmitted from the admin client to the database server is secure.

  I know that it is possible to use SSH to setup an ODBC connection to
the remote server. What I am wondering is if there is anything similar
using the MySQLdb library. Ideally it would not require setting up a
seperate SSH application (the application is for an end-user).

  I guess what this question boils down to is:

1. Is there a way I can make an SSH connection from within a Python
App
2. Is there a way that a MySQLdb python App can be setup to use the
SSh connection rather than a straight TCP/IP connection/

Thanks in advance,

Calishar