crypt module on win32?

Mark Brady kalath at lycos.com
Fri Jun 15 06:09:59 EDT 2001

I have the latest and greatest Crypto module (amkCrypto-
0.1.3 http://www.amk.ca/python/code/crypto.html) compiled for win32
(using the free borland compiler). I'll mail you it.

I'll put it online sometime next week or people can mail me if they
are interested. I intend to recompile it using VC++ as I suspect this
might make it slightly more efficient.

I also plan on compiling PyAES
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/pyaes)for Python 2.1 as it currently
only comes in binary for Python 2.0. M2Crypto
(http://www.pobox.org.sg/home/ngps/m2/)is also very good but it seems
to only have very limited support for symmetric cipers (it's got lots
of PKI ciphers) so I think amkCrypto is the best general purpose
Crypto module for python at the moment.

When I get PyAES working with 2.1 I might package the two together as
AES is very important. Thanks go to Ng Pheng Siong, Bryan Mongeau,
Marc-Andre Lemburg and of course Andrew Kuchling for giving Python
decent crypto.

Mark.