Embedded 'C' problem?

Samuel Schulenburg samschul at pacbell.net
Sun Jun 3 23:20:35 EDT 2001

> Your application did seem a little odd, but I suppose it was
> a test thing ;-)

The application was a real world requirment, where I have an embedded
C dll that allows me to execute python script command to a SCSI disk
drive, via the windows ASPI interface. This C dll has routines to
perform hex memory dumps of the data returned from a drive
i.e. "30 31 32 33  34 35 36 37  38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45
0123456789ABCDEF"
The problem was that I could log correctly the above string using
fprintf, but trying to pass the same string to python caused the
problem. Thanks to all the replies I was able to see the need to
escape the python deliminators single quote, double quote and back
slash.

Again thanks to everyone who spotted the solution.

Samuel Schulenburg