Is this a true statement?

Steven D. Majewski sdm7g at Virginia.EDU
Mon Jun 25 10:25:19 EDT 2001

On Sun, 24 Jun 2001, Tim Peters wrote:

> Hmm.  Has anyone in this thread written a device driver?  If not, I'd like
> to point out that PEP 255 generators are ideally suited to the task <wink>.

Only in assembler.
( I have written a Python program to contol the scan of an electron
  microscope, but I had to cheat and use an extension written in C --
  but I wouldn't actually call that a "device driver" -- to me that
  term has connotations of kernel space and interrupt vectors -- I'ld
  call it a device controller. )

However, now that I've been told that all programming languages are
equivalent, I'm going to write my next device driver in Intercal.
( I already have to say "Please" to my computer to get it to work
  sometimes -- I might as well put it in the source code! )

-- Steve Majewski