is c faster?

akhar akhar at videotron.ca
Sat Jun 9 04:43:20 EDT 2001

I have a script I wrote in python , I love the time it took me to  devellop
it faster than i could have done it in C. however after full review of my
code I am not sure I can optimize it any more( it basicaly consist of
importing an image and tranforming into a matrix to perform some for-looped
operations on it) : I went from 20 seconds to 2. I can't seem to bring the
execution time down :( . would C code be faster? by what factor? can I
optimise my code more? how?

Stephane

NB: I have a dual-celeron 400mhz with 256Mo of ram and a 20 gig 7200rpm HDD
Also anybody with a G4 with PIL and numpy install to test the speed of my
code?(my friend has a 1GHz and it takes him .65 sec to execute I would like
to know if an altivec enhanced computer would fair better)