AW:Re: Zyclic updating of toplevel windows

Michael Willenpart willenpart at a1.net
Mon Jun 4 14:58:37 EDT 2001

> > Now my question:
> > Is is somehow possible to auto-update the toplevel-windows? e.g. to
>
> import time
> while 1:
>   update_graphs()
>   time.sleep(600) # seconds

Thank you for the answer!

The problem is: If I write this sleep statement within the function were
the toplevel window with the graphic diargram is created, the functions
of the main window are not accessable (it's not possible to push one of
the buttons in the main window). Probably the program stucks in the while
loop.

Firstly, I don't know how to implement such a while loop within the
mainloop() of my program.
And secondly I also don't know how to update/access a toplevel window
from my main program.