Integrating a Python GUI into a PowerBuilder App

D-Man dsh8290 at rit.edu
Fri Jun 15 10:40:01 EDT 2001

On Fri, Jun 15, 2001 at 05:07:24AM -0700, John Urberg wrote:
| Sorry if I was unclear in my previous post.  I can use a Java or VB
| GUI by making ActiveX controls from GUI panels done in those languages
| and placing them on a blank PowerBuilder MDI child window.  Since I
| can't do that in Python, I have to find some other way (making a

I find it hard to believe that you can't do that in Python.  For one
thing, Jython is an implementation of Python that runs on top of the
JVM (as opposed to having its own VM implemented in C).  Through the
use of Jython, Python code can access anything that Java code can.
Thus if you can use Java, you can use Jython to achieve the same
result.  I'm not familiar with ActiveX at all, but if it is related to
COM, I know that CPython has good COM support.

Maybe this will help,
-D