Any other Python flaws?

Andrew Kuchling akuchlin at mems-exchange.org
Fri Jun 15 17:08:16 EDT 2001

Mitch Chapman <chapman at bioreason.com> writes:
> I suspect from some of your follow-ups that "uncancellable threads"
> does not fit the purpose of your design flaws page, and in any
> case it's covered by a PEP (42?).  Even so, since the problem
> extends across all platforms I'll propose it.

It's hard to see how you could implement cancellable threads with
reasonable performance, though, unless the OS implements all the
primitives and can therefore clean things up when a thread is
cancelled.  I lean more and more toward thinking that threads are a
mistake, and if you think you need them, your OS simply has processes
that are too heavyweight.

--amk