Generating WSDL for Python SOAP services

Cameron Laird claird at starbase.neosoft.com
Fri Jun 8 22:55:44 EDT 2001

In article <9f8tri$2g1$1 at news.jump.net>,
Preston Landers <planders at journyx.com> wrote:
>Hi all.
>
>My company (journyx.com) is planning to use SOAP to expose some methods of
>our application server.  The goal is to write a client that will ultimately
>be embedded in an MS Office application and make calls to installations of
>our software.
>
>We are using the actzero.com SOAP.py 0.9.5 module to implement the server
>side, and the MS SOAP 2.0 toolkit on the client side.  The MS toolkit "high
>level API" requires that services have a WSDL (web services description
>language) file that describes the methods that are availible and their
>parameters. We are really hoping to use the "high level API" and thus avoid
>writing our own handlers in Visual Basic, which is not our forte.  (Python
>is.)
>
>Therefore I am planning to write a WSDL generator that will examine our
>exposed methods and write out a valid WSDL file.  I realize you can compose
			.
			.
			.
>I'm posting to the newsgroup to check if anyone else is already working
>along these lines, or has any thoughts on the subject.
			.
			.
			.
Yes.

Others are working on this.  I like to think that
a complete solution will be public within a couple
of weeks, in the natural course of events.  If not,
my bet is that a modest contracted incentive will
produce as much PyWSDL functionality as you need,
in a timely manner.
--

Cameron Laird <claird at NeoSoft.com>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net