str smarter than round?

David Bolen db3l at fitlinxx.com
Fri Jun 15 21:24:14 EDT 2001

claird at starbase.neosoft.com (Cameron Laird) writes:

> In article <mailman.992627663.1779.python-list at python.org>,
> Tim Peters <tim.one at home.com> wrote:
> 			.
> >Congratulations!  You've elected yourself to be a guinea pig for reading
> >this new Tutorial Appendix:
> >
> >    http://python.sourceforge.net/devel-docs/tut/node14.html
> >
> >never-ask-a-question-unless-you-really-want-an-answer<wink>-ly y'rs  - tim
> >

> Is there or will there be a (more) persistent URL for this
> Appendix?  I assumer "node14" is likely to vary every few
> weeks or so.

You could just back up one level (to "tut") and then select Appendix B
from the TOC :-)

As it is, it's probably reasonably robust anyway since the nodes are
numbered by major chapter, so a full new chapter (as opposed to
sections or subsections, or other editing changes) would have to be
added for that URL to change.

--
-- David