Numeric Programming for Everybody

Georg Mischler schorsch at schorsch.com
Thu Jun 7 12:13:02 EDT 2001

Don Dwiggins wrote:

> Where speed and/or size is an issue, the more sophisticated programmer
> will move to integer, rational, or floating point, as appropriate (and of
> course, the documentation will include -- or point to -- descriptions of
> the consequences of the choice).

Maybe, maybe not...

I just noticed the following on an invoice I have to pay:

 stuff              30,00
 more stuff         30,00
                ---------
                    59,99
 + 16,00 % VAT       9,60
                ---------
                    69,59

Obviously, some programmer decided on granting me a rebate
of one german Pfennig.

This is from a publishing company, which probably bills tens
of thousands of seperate customers for the entry lines in
trade fair catalogs each year. Guess that programmer will
have to skip a few coffe breaks to make up for the losses
summing up that way...

Have fun!

-schorsch

Georg Mischler  --  simulations developer  --  schorsch at schorsch.com