Compiling Python2.1 under HP-UX with threads ?

Philipp Jocham philipp at salomon.at
Fri Jun 8 03:25:36 EDT 2001

On Thu, 07 Jun 2001 20:08:00 +0200, M.-A. Lemburg <mal at lemburg.com> wrote:
>I am having trouble compiling Python 2.1 under HP-UX 11.00
>with threads.
>
>Even though the compile runs fine (ok, termios and _curses fail
>to compile, but I don't need those), the test suite fails to
>pass all tests which try to use threads. The error I get is:
>
>	ThreadError: can't start new thread
>
>Does anyone have hints what I could try to debug this ?

Does the configure process detect
__pthread_create_system in -lpthread ?

I've compiled it with gcc-2.95.2 and it works
out of the box (besides termios and _curses).

Philipp
--
Philipp Jocham                            SALOMON AUTOMATION GmbH
mailto: philipp.jocham at salomon.at        A-8114 Friesach bei Graz