Pythoin MUD (PyMUD?)

Erwin S. Andreasen erwin at andreasen.com
Sun Jun 24 11:29:08 EDT 2001

Here's one other MUD that wasn't mentioned -- Aedon:
http://initd.org/Software/aedon

It has some very interesting things such as modeling of object
properties. I've listed it (and the two other Python projects
mentioned) at this page: http://www.andreasen.org/newmud/

Naturally, I am also working on a Python MUD -- our plan is to first
achieve a level of functionality that makes the MUD comparable to some
of the popular Diku-based code bases, so a more pragmatic approach
rather than theoretical research. No URL at the moment, but one of the
more interesting things about it is automatic persistence of
everything. Oliver Jowett who wrote the code has also released it
separately here: http://www.randomly.org/projects/cog/

Oh yeah, a year ago I ran a competition about writing a MUD in 16k
source code. 5 out of 24 entries were written in Python. You can get
the code here: http://www.andreasen.org/16k.shtml

scarblac at pino.selwerd.nl (Remco Gerlich) writes:

> Always a big lack of free time. I'd like to see a mailing list though :-)

I started a python-mud list on egroups a while back when I began
working on my Python MUD; it never gained enough momentum. If you want
to subscribe and save it from death by inactivity, it's here:

It was meant as a place for generic Python-related MUD discussion. I
didn't manage to do much work on my Python MUD since starting the
list, so there hasn't been any discussion in ages.

It's also so much easier just to DO things in Python rather than talk
about them ;)

PS: If one of you would rather join an existing project rather than to
start your own (and you have substantial experience with programming
both Python and coding/design other MUD bases), feel free to email me
and I can tell you more about my Python MUD project which I've
mentioned above. There are some 8k lines of code now, and you can find
it running at abandoned.org port 4300.