Python WWW::Search?

Jay Parlar jparlar at home.com
Fri Jun 29 16:17:23 EDT 2001

Has anyone heard of or seen anything simliar to Perl's WWW::Search collection, but implemented for the most wonderful
language I've ever used? I need to be able to pull search results from various search engines, and while I have hacked
together a few pieces of code that do the job for some engines, I'd really like a more robust solution. In case you have no idea
what I'm talking about (Who'd want to really know anything about Perl anyway? ;-) ), this site
http://www.isi.edu/lsam/tools/WWW_SEARCH/index.html describes what WWW::Search is.

Hopefully someone's seen something equivalent for Python. This would make myself, and my colleague very happy if
something did exist (Hi Bill!).

Thanks in advance,
Jay Parlar