WHY is python slow?

David LeBlanc whisper at oz.nospamnet
Thu Jun 14 11:29:17 EDT 2001

In article <Pine.SOL.4.30.0106122158580.6038-
100000 at mimosa.csv.warwick.ac.uk>, phrxy at csv.warwick.ac.uk says...
> On 12 Jun 2001, David LeBlanc wrote:
>
> > In article <mailman.991956855.5206.python-list at python.org>,
> > tim.one at home.com says...
> > <snip>
> > > C++ adds nothing to C that can't be done just as well with
> > > preprocessor macros,
> > <snip>
> > > there's-no-accounting-for-mass-delusion-ly y'rs  - tim
> [...]
> > Aside from massive code bloat and agonizingly slow compiles, there are
> > just some things in C++ that cannot be expressed using the C
> > preprocesser.
>
> I think you missed the flashing 'sarcasm' sign.
>

> John

Ooops-duh! :-)

At least my other post in this thread had the irrelevant and irreverent
bits set :-) I thought it was quite witty and nobody said a word about
*that* one <sigh>.

Dave LeBlanc