PEP scepticism

Martijn Faassen m.faassen at vet.uu.nl
Fri Jun 29 19:11:42 EDT 2001

Andrew Kuchling <akuchlin at mems-exchange.org> wrote:
> I don't think improving Python the language will win new converts at
> this point; improving the standard library, development environments,
> or the documentation is more likely to bear fruit.

Ah, very much like the point I was making in a post I just made.

What do you think about formalizing this, and restricting some releases
of Python to be focused on bugfixes and library development, avoiding
syntax changes (which frequently entail relatively large changes in
semantics)?

Regards,

Martijn