Sybase module 0.27 released
djc at object-craft.com.au
Tue Jun 26 12:36:16 CEST 2001
What is it:
The Sybase module provides a Python interface to the Sybase relational
database system. The Sybase package supports almost all of the Python
Database API, version 2.0 with extensions.
The module works with Python versions 1.5.2 and later and Sybase
versions 11.0.3 and later. It is based on the Sybase Client Library
(ct_* API), and the Bulk-Library Client (blk_* API) interfaces.
The 0.20 and later releases are a re-implementation of the module using
a thin C wrapper on the Sybase-CT API, and a Python module to provide
the DB-API functionality. It is still a work in progress, but should
be good enough for most purposes.
Changes for this release:
- Sybase.py module no longer imports exceptions module.
- Optional auto_commit argument has been added to Sybase.connect().
The default value is 0.
- Optional delay_connect argument has been added to Sybase.connect().
The default value is 0. This allows you to manipulate the Sybase
connection before connecting to the server.
>>> import Sybase
>>> db = Sybase.connect(server, user, passwd, delay_connect = 1)
>>> db.set_property(Sybase.CS_HOSTNAME, 'secret')
- Removed redundant argument from sybasect.ct_data_info()
- Added pickle capability to NumericType - I somehow forgot to copy
this over from the old 0.13 module.
- Re-arranged sybasect.h to make it easier to follow - I hope.
- Documentation updates.
More information about the Python-list